Saturday, August 27, 2011

So, What's the Catch?

Since starting this side business three weeks ago, I've made close to $1300. It's a fantastic business opportunity. There is no inventory. There is no quota. This isn't a sales job. There is no pressure. I work when I want to. I work with who I want to. No nasty bosses. No gossipy co-workers. I can work any time of the day or night, even when I have insomnia. I can create an organization that brings me residual income, regardless of how much I decide to work. The bonuses are unbelievable when I advance in the company or even just share the business.

I've posted a lot on FaceBook about how excited I am to earn money from home with this side business. (My "regular" business is as owner of Candy Cain Travel-- I specialize in destination weddings and group travel.) I haven't approached anyone directly, and have been pretty vague with exactly how I earn money from home. I have just over 1900 "friends" on FaceBook. Nearly 40 have contacted me about the opportunity. Of those 40 people, 17 have joined my team. I have received three "no" replies. I haven't heard back from the other 20 people, so I am just following up until they join or until they tell me that they aren't interested.

Last night, a friend of mine approached me about my business and asked me a big questions... "What's the catch?" I realized right then that a lot of people must think that there is a catch, even though I say that there isn't. So, let's go through some requirements and "catches" that work from home businesses may have.

EDUCATION & TRAINING
You don't have to have a college degree. You don't even have to have a high school degree. All of the training you need is offered FOR FREE through the main company via phone conferences and webinars. There are some special trainings that you get to take part in if you achieve certain levels or hit certain incentives. The majority of these training sessions are recorded so that you can access them at a later time-- On YOUR schedule.

INVENTORY
You don't carry an inventory. Period.

QUOTA
There are no weekly, daily, monthly or yearly quotas. Yes, when you hit certain levels, you are required to maintain a certain level of business activity to maintain your title, but that goes without saying. How many people can become a Vice President and stop their productivity, but still receive the bonuses and benefits that a VP earns? The only thing that resembles a quota is that you are required to personally shop for a minimum of 35 points worth of products every month for your personal use. This can be for your own home, gifts, office, whatever.

SALES
This isn't a sales job. It is a marketing job. At least, that's how I look at it. If you want it to be a sales job, then you can approach the business that way. I prefer to approach it as a marketing job. This is a versatile business that can mold the way YOU want to do it.

COLD CALLING
None, unless that is the approach that you want to take. Personally, I don't do cold calling. I'm not good at it, and, frankly, I don't like it. But if you want to cold call people, go right ahead.

Another thing that my friend said was, "So, you do all the work and I get paid? Sounds like a scam to me."

Well, the idea that someone else does the work and you get paid is sort of the idea. It's part of the business model. If I place Person A under Person B and Person B makes an order, then Person A earns a 7% commission on that order. However, I'm the one that earns bonuses and higher commissions, based on how much I have grown my business. Person A earns a small commission, but I earn a lot more. Everyone earns something, based on the placement of people in the organization. It's an awesome business model. I've never seen anything like it.

So, no, there isn't a catch. And, yes, you get paid off of work I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment