Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My "Why"

People get involved in work from home businesses for different reasons. I figured I would take this space to write about my reasons for choosing a work from home business, and my reasons for still going with it.

Let's start at the very beginning... It's a very good place to start. (Please tell me that there are some musical theatre buffs out there that get the reference...) Back in 2001, I moved out to Los Angeles to follow my dreams of becoming a professional actress. I wasn't up for being famous or anything like that, but I certainly wanted to act and that's it. Well, my dreams came true and I was a working actress. I did a lot of television shows and movies. I was able to survive on acting alone. I loved acting, because it was a new project every week. I didn't have the same boss, didn't work with the same people, and remained interested because things kept changing. If I didn't like working with someone, I wouldn't worry about it because I'd end on a new show a few weeks later. Believe it or not, I enjoyed the instability. I enjoyed the change. I enjoyed being a paramedic one week and a crazy neighbor the next.

When I moved from LA back to New York, I was still acting. I did theatre and a few movies. I married my husband in 2005, and had my first miscarriage in 2006. Between January 2006 and April 2007, I had five miscarriages. My husband asked me to stop acting, so I focused on a travel company that I started before we got married so that I was able to get discounts on travel. I also tried a throng of at-home businesses that i did not succeed with: Mary Kay, MonaVie, PartyLite, Pampered Chef, Aloette, Avon... The list goes on and on. Long story short, my twins were born on March 14, 2008 and I did not have a full-time job. I worked freelance writing and planning travel every now and again.

In 2009, I started focusing my travel business on destination weddings. It was so successful, that my company and I became the subject of a reality show (which is still in development), Wedding Lane with Candy CainAt that same time, Dionne - my best friend of 20 years - started with this work from home company and tried to get me involved. Since I signed a contract with the production company that I would not endorse any companies or products, I used that for my excuse to not join Dionne. I've written about this several times throughout this blog, so I'll spare you the details.

In August 2011, I decided to get involved with the company to help Dionne with her business. She didn't have anyone on her team that was doing much of anything, so I decided to help her. That was my "why" back in August: To help my friend. When I got that first check of $839, my "why" changed.

In September, I had some things going on in my personal life. I had just finished my last wedding of the year-- 24 weddings in 2011-- and I needed a break. I started traveling back and forth to Mexico and once to Los Angeles to teach a destination wedding course that I designed for the Association of Wedding Professionals International. It was lucrative, but I was traveling a lot. I kept up the at-home business and made another check just under $800. I decided that I would focus more on doing my seminars around the world, and summplement it with the at-home business. I kept it that way for a few months.

Right around Christmas, I had a very bad experience with one of my destination wedding clients. I'm not going to give any details, except to say that it was unbelievably stressful and I was on the phone with my good friend, Christine, crying about how much I can't stand doing these weddings anymore. Something that I loved and built my business around was making me miserable. I decided that I would focus my efforts on my at-home business and do destination weddings less. Oh, I'll still do the destination weddings, but take a less directorieal role. I have a few people that work for my travel company that would love the extra income. I just need a break.

Plus, I really like this at-home business. I get to work with people that I like, and help them change their lives financially. It's a lot of fun helping people succeed and seeing the absolute joy in their eyes and hearing it in their voices when they get a nice check. The company isn't a scam, and my husband has even volunteered to talk with the people that do think it's a scam. He's a police sergeant, and he thought is was a scam in the beginning. Now, he's completely into it.

So, my "why" has changed again. I am now doing this for my children. When I reach Director VI with the company, I promised my son that I will take them to Strasburg to see the steam trains. When I reach Director VII, I promised my daughter that I would take them to Disney World. They hold me accountable and ask me about my business every single day.

I love this company and the life-changing opportunities that come with it. I'm in this one for the long haul. If you want to join my team and change your life, too, send me an email. You can earn $1000 this month - guaranteed. Let me help you change your life the way that I've changed mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment