Monday, January 2, 2012

My Amazing Team

I love working from home. I do. The thought of having to go into an office and report to a boss and earn money for someone else's company without being rewarded my true worth makes me cringe.  I have a problem with authority, which I fully admit. I'm coachable, but I do not like being told what to do. I prefer suggestions and constructive criticism. That's why I never had a "real" job for longer than 6 months. I hated corporate America (and I still do), so I would leave.

When my best friend Dionne started working from home, she asked me to join her team. Not only did I want no part of it, I couldn't endorse any companies or products because I was under contract with a production company that was creating a reality show on my destination wedding business. (The show is still in development.) It took me two years to join Dionne and start building our work from home team.
Candice & Dionne at Convention
Dionne asked me to go with her to Convention-- This is a story that I've told so many times. Long story short, I liked what I saw, so I enrolled right before the awards gala. We were sitting at a table with a bunch of Canadians who pretty much didn't believe us when we told them that I literally enrolled an hour before the banquet. That was in August. Dionne was a Director II at Banquet, and I was just labeled "customer." In a month, Dionne jumped to Director III and I was Director II. Three months later, Dionne became a Director IV and I had already achieved Director III.

We would not have been able to build our business without our amazing team. There are 95 active people on my team. The majority of them are moms that want to stay at home with their kids, and this company offers a way to do so without investing any "new" money, except for a one-time enrollment fee-- Which, by the way, is usually just $29, but now it is $1 until 1/18. Our team is spread all over the USA and Canada, and I have the ability to enroll people in Austraila, New Zealand, The Netherlands, The United Kingdom and Ireland.

Thanks to the internet, we are all able to keep in touch and keep each other motivated. It is so, so easy to fall into the trap of saying you're going to do something and not doing it because no one holds you accountable. Dionne and I have established a FaceBook group where everyone can post and chat, not to mention a Chatzy chatroom where we hold each other accountable. We want to build our business and help the people on our team build THEIR businesses, too. When people on our team succeed, WE succeed.

Sam & Candice, the night Sam decided to join.
What is cool about my team (if I do say so myself) is that EVERYONE helps everyone else. For example, Barbie is enrolled under Samantha. Barbie couldn't get in touch with Sam to enroll Christen. I saw her post in the FaceBook group, so I called her and conferenced in Christen. I explained everything to Christen and she ended up enrolling under Barbie. (By the way, I didn't enroll Sam... Dionne did and placed her on my team because I did the presentation for her.) People are scattered absolutely everywhere, and we wouldn't have it any other way. Team members can meet each other at the different Melaleuca-sponsored events, which is awesome. I just recently started adding people to my team that live locally. It doesn't matter if they are next door or in Austraila, everyone is connected and willing to offer help to others on the team.

I am very proud to be a part of this team, which we have dubbed "Armchair Millionaires." I am very excited to work with others that, like me, want to establish a lucrative business working from home. Finally, I am more than happy to welcome anyone else on our team that wants to join. If you would like to join our team, just shoot me an email to CandyCain(at)wedeliverwellness.com.

Anyone can do it. Everyone can succeed. It is your choice or not whether you want to open the door to the opportunity that is knocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment